Thursday, September 25, 2008

A midsummer day dream

For once, I felt my dream was coming true. I always dreamt of wild lions and tigers (my favorite) and wanted to do anything possible to see them and have a word with these majestic species. Two chances I had already lost to dogs in the last year, the first was a trip to bandipur last year. Hopelessly, I managed to see just one elephant, a gang of monkeys who tried to steal my meal and spotted deer which are so often spotted in the jungle of IIT. I was really made to feel that tigers are extinct in the area, such haphazard was the situation there.

Imagine going through a dense forest and just chancing on a glimpse of a wild tiger, even for that matter putting your foot on a tiger's footmark. I was so excited in this direction and so the second was a trip to Kalakad forest. Destiny still didnt favour the brave, and I was again back to squares. One thought kept reeling in my mind, "what the hell, is the wild tiger really extinct"

As I couldn't pounce upon any opportunity this year, I was disheartened. But, two chances emerged and I want to capitalize on these because bhagwan jaane kal ho na ho.
The first is an opportunity to walk the forest on moonlit nights, hopefully try for this in december, and the second is an opportunity to adopt a wild animal at a local zoo. Something to cheer forward to atleast.
Hope for the best
and leave the rest
to the best
is the modified saying in Gita. So let me do the first job of "hoping"

No comments: